The British Menopause Society (BMS) provides education, information and guidance to healthcare professionals specialising in all aspects of post reproductive health. This is achieved through an annual programme of lectures, conferences, meetings, exhibitions and our interactive website. We offer a range of publications including our quarterly journal Post Reproductive Health and the definitive handbook Management of the Menopause.
The full BMS Consensus Statement on Bioidentical HRT is available to non-Members for a limited time only.
Education programme overview
29 October 2019 - 30 October 2019
4 November 2019 - 5 November 2019
5 November 2019
8 November 2019 - 9 November 2019
14 November 2019 - 15 November 2019
21 November 2019 - 23 November 2019
27 November 2019
3 December 2019
27 February 2020 - 28 February 2020
19 March 2020 - 20 March 2020
22 April 2020
30 April 2020 - 3 May 2020
- The BMS launches video series: The Menopause Explained
- 17 October 2019
- To coincide with World Menopause Day, 18 October, the British Menopause Society has launched a series of seven short videos covering different aspects of the menopause.
- BMJ Editorial: HRT and breast cancer risk: we must prevent another setback in women’s health
- 14 October 2019
- Review of the data published in the Lancet last Friday, 11 October 2019.
- BMS Response to the Government’s new measures to tackle HRT shortages
- 3 October 2019
- The British Menopause Society welcomes the Government’s new measures that restrict exporting hormone replacement therapy (HRT) outside the UK.
Conference and meeting reports
This year’s conference, entitled “An integrated approach to menopausal care”, was held at Chesford Grange, Kenilworth on 4 & 5 July 2019.
Our patient arm
Women’s Health Concern (WHC) was founded in 1979 and became the patient arm of the BMS in 2012. It provides an independent service to advise, reassure and educate women of all ages about their gynaecological and sexual health, wellbeing and lifestyle concerns.
Information for non-professionals can also be found at Menopause Matters.
The British Menopause Society is a specialist society affiliated to the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare. Working together we have developed theoretical and practical training modules aimed at those healthcare professionals who regularly work in the field of women’s health.
Website last reviewed: