At the BMS annual scientific conference on 4 July 2019 our chairman, Kathy Abernethy, launched the new BMS Education Fund to mark the 30th anniversary of the Society.
The principal purpose of the Fund will be to grant financial awards to our UK healthcare professionals: to further career opportunities and professional development within the sphere of post reproductive health.
Scope of Awards
- Research or scientific projects
- Education projects – to include poster presentations for the annual conference and articles for our journal Post Reproductive Health
- Training towards BMS recognised menopause specialist and menopause principal trainer status
These objectives will be reviewed annually by the Education Fund Grants Committee.
Mr Anthony Parsons, BMS Chairman 1989-91 (Chair)
Kathy Abernethy, BMS Chairman 2017-19
Dr Jane Davies, General Practitioner
Mr Haitham Hamoda, BMS Chairman 2019–
Mrs Prunella Neale, Primary Care Nurse
Mr Patrick Shervington, BMS and WHC Trustee
Sara Moger, BMS Chief Executive (Ex-officio)
The first round of awards will be available for 2020. A provisional allocation is:
1 x grant of £2,000
2 x grant of £1,000
2 x grant of £ 500
Funds available £5,000
Part funding or matching funding towards larger projects will be considered.
An online application form will be available on the BMS website from autumn 2019. It will include:
- Outline of project
- Budget request and breakdown
- Endorsement from applicant’s supporter (Health Care professional)
Closing date for applications: End of 2019
Adjudication: January-February 2020
First awards announced: March 2020
Further details are available from the BMS office. Please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry titled BMS Research Fund.