The British Menopause Society has reluctantly made the decision to defer awarding grants from the BMS Education Fund this year. This is as a result of the current Covid-19 epidemic and the financial challenges that the charity is facing.
Further update will be given by the end of March 2021.
A benefit for full members
The principal purpose of the British Menopause Society Education Fund is to grant financial awards to our UK healthcare professionals: to further career opportunities and professional development within the sphere of post reproductive health.
Who may apply?
- Full members of the BMS based in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland
- Applications are particularly welcome from those undergoing training
Scope of Awards
- Research or scientific projects
- Education projects – to include abstracts and poster presentations for the annual conference and articles for our journal Post Reproductive Health
- Training towards BMS recognised menopause specialist and menopause recognised trainer status
These objectives will be reviewed annually by the Education Fund Grants Committee.
Applications should be made via the online application form (opening on 11 January 2021). We do not accept paper or email applications. Your submission should be no more than 500 words (excluding references) and clearly outline:
- Timetable to start during Q3 of 2020 and ideally to finish within a 6 month timescale
- Costed justification of funding required
- A brief critique of the justified need for the education project/research
- Description of the education project including:
- Educational benefit to the applicant and his/her clinical practice
- Projected outcomes
- Description of research including:
- Aim and research question(s)
- Justification for the choice of methodology
- Projected outcomes
If the criteria above are not met, then the submission will be rejected. The Education Fund Grants Committee may ask for a more detailed proposal from those short-listed.
An endorsement from the applicant’s supervisor (Healthcare Professional) should be uploaded to accompany the submission.
- Applications open: Monday 11 January 2021
- Applications close: Monday 26 April 2021 at 12 noon
- Shortlisting: Monday 24 May – Friday 4 June 2021
- First awards announced: Thursday 1 July 2021
In 2021, up to five grants will be awarded between £500 and £2,000, normally to those undergoing training, but applicants not undergoing training will also be considered. Part funding or matching funding towards larger projects will be considered.
Anthony Parsons, BMS Chairman 1989-91 (Chair)
Kathy Abernethy, BMS Trustee, Chairman 2017-19
Haitham Hamoda, BMS Trustee, Chairman 2019 – 2021
GP representative (to be appointed)
Prunella Neale, Primary Care Nurse
Patrick Shervington, BMS and WHC Trustee
Sara Moger, BMS Chief Executive (Ex-officio)