BMS recognised Menopause Specialists are eligible to apply to the Faculty of Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare to become Menopause Principal Trainers.
There are currently only 30 Menopause Principal Trainers across the UK and many have waiting list of two+ years.
Since the publication of the NICE Guideline: menopause, diagnosis and management in November 2015, the need for menopause services has increased significantly. To address this need, more Menopause Principal Trainers are required to supervise the training process and facilitate trainees’ gaining the Certificate in Menopause Care and/ or the Advanced Certificate in Menopause Care.
Menopause Principal Trainers must:
- Have a teaching qualification, eg
- hold a FRSH Letter of Competence in Medical
- have attended a Training the Trainers session or equivalent
- be a General Practitioner trainer
- hold the Postgraduate Award in Medica lEducation in Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Hold the Advanced Certificate in Menopause Care or equivalent and/or be recognised by the BMS as a Menopause Specialist
- Have current experience of working within a menopause service or clinic with designated sessions
- Be a member of a recognised menopause society, eg the British Menopause Society
- See a minimum of 100 menopause patients per year, of whom 50 must be new referrals.
The principal trainer will supervise the entire training process.
For more information go to https://www.fsrh.org/forms/application-to-become-a-menopause-principal-trainer/.
If you have any queries, please contact the FSRH Education Development Officer by phone +44 (0)20 7724 5675 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.