The British Menopause Society ‘Vision for menopause care in the UK’ was written by Dr Heather Currie, Kathy Abernethy and Dr Sarah Gray, on behalf of the BMS medical advisory council. It was published at the BMS 27th annual conference in July 2017.
Download the full 8-page document (PDF, 343KB)
The key points are:
- Menopause is a major life event affecting all women, in a variety of ways, both short and long term.
- All women should have access to accurate information, available in a variety of forms.
- All healthcare professionals (HCPs) should have basic understanding of menopause and know where to signpost women for advice and support.
- Each primary care team should have an HCP or HCPs who have a special interest and knowledge in menopause.
- Each HCP with special interest in menopause should have access to at least one Menopause Specialist for advice, support, onward referral, and leadership of multidisciplinary education.