The British Menopause Society (BMS) educates, informs and guides health professionals specialising in menopause care and post reproductive health. The Medical Advisory Council of the BMS produces a series of consensus statements which address key disorders and controversial topics. These are comprised of evidence-based medicine and informal consensus.
The full Consensus Statements are available in the Members Area but you can click on the following titles for the summary and summary practice points:
- Bioidentical HRT Updated February 2019 – full Consensus Statement available here to non-Members for a limited time only.
- The diagnosis of the menopause and management of oestrogen deﬁciency symptoms and arthralgia in women treated for breast cancer Published November 2018
- Hormone replacement therapy Updated December 2016
- Hormones and depression Updated July 2017
- Non-hormonal-based treatments for menopausal symptoms Updated June 2017
- Premature ovarian insufficiency Updated April 2017
- Prevention and treatment of osteoporosis in women Updated January 2018
- Primary prevention of coronary heart disease in women Updated April 2019
- Risks and benefits of HRT before and after a breast cancer diagnosis Published November 2018
- Urogenital atrophy Updated June 2018