The British Menopause Society (BMS) educates, informs and guides health professionals specialising in menopause care and post reproductive health. The Medical Advisory Council of the BMS produces a series of consensus statements which address key disorders and controversial topics. These are comprised of evidence-based medicine and informal consensus.
The full Consensus Statements are available in the Members Area but you can click on the following titles for the summary and summary practice points:
- Bioidentical HRT Updated October 2019 – full Consensus Statement available here to non-Members for a limited time only.
- The diagnosis of the menopause and management of oestrogen deﬁciency symptoms and arthralgia in women treated for breast cancer Published November 2018
- Hormone replacement therapy Updated December 2016
- Hormones and depression Updated July 2017
- Non-hormonal-based treatments for menopausal symptoms Updated June 2017
- Premature ovarian insufficiency Updated April 2017
- Prevention and treatment of osteoporosis in women Updated January 2018
- Primary prevention of coronary heart disease in women Updated April 2019
- Risks and benefits of HRT before and after a breast cancer diagnosis Published November 2018 Following the publication of the paper on HRT and Breast Cancer in The Lancet on 11 October 2019, the medical advisory council of the BMS is now reviewing and analysing the data. Once our findings are complete, we will make them available and update and amend our publications as appropriate.
- Urogenital atrophy Updated June 2018