To support women’s understanding of the menopause, the BMS has launched a number of materials for both women and healthcare professionals clarifying some of the most common myths and misconceptions of menopause, summarising the NICE guideline, and providing guidance on HRT.
For healthcare professionals
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) for Menopausal Symptoms
- Prescribable alternatives to HRT (PDF, 88KB)
- HRT – Practical prescribing (PDF, 85KB)
- HRT Guide (PDF, 167KB)
- HIV and the menopause (PDF, 81KB)
- Induced menopause in women with endometriosis
- Migraine and HRT
- Menopause and the Workplace Guidance: what to consider (PDF, 88KB)
- Testosterone replacement in menopause
- NICE: Menopause, Diagnosis and Management – from Guideline to Practice Guideline Summary (PDF, 80KB)
- NICE: Menopause, Diagnosis and Management – from Guideline to Practice Top Ten Tips (PDF, 148KB)
Other useful resources
Menstrual Wellbeing Toolkit
The RCGP, in partnership with Endometriosis UK, has developed an easy to use Menstrual Wellbeing Toolkit, for GPs and other primary care clinicians to help diagnose, support and manage problems caused by menstrual dysfunction.